1 Bank Street, Suite 206, Stamford, CT 06901
Se Habla EspaƱol
Gonzalez Law Office, LLC

Call Today for a Consultation

Call Us203-323-1440

Stamford, CT Green Card Attorney

Waterbury Green Card Help Lawyer

Attorney Helps Immigrants Obtain Legal Permanent Resident Status in Fairfield County

Permanent residence cards, also known as "green cards," allow foreign nationals to permanently live and work in the United States. Obtaining a green card is a major step in the immigration journey, giving immigrants the chance to reunite with family members and build a new life in America. The road to legal permanent resident (LPR) status can be long and difficult, however, and it is helpful to work with a skilled immigration lawyer by your side to help navigate the complexities of the process.

For over 15 years, Gonzalez Law Office, LLC has helped numerous immigrants successfully obtain green cards in Fairfield County, CT and Westchester County, NY. Attorney Hector Gonzalez is strong, compassionate, and dedicated to keeping families together as they strive to achieve their American Dream. Attorney Gonzalez has extensive knowledge of the visa process and the common pitfalls that applicants need to overcome to obtain legal permanent resident status.

Green Cards for Family-Based Immigrants

Many foreign nationals obtain green cards through a family relationship with a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident. There are two main categories of family-based visas from which a green card can be obtained:

  • Immediate Relative (IR) Visas: Spouses, unmarried children under age 21, adopted orphans, and parents of U.S. citizens who are at least 21 years of age can be issued green cards through the IR category. There are no numerical limits on IR visas, and processing can begin immediately after the application is lodged.
  • Family Preference (F) Visas: Children of U.S. citizens (and their spouses and minor children), spouses and unmarried children of immigrants with lawful permanent resident (LPR) status, and siblings of U.S. citizens (and their spouses and minor children) can obtain a green card through one of four family preference categories. There are a limited number of green cards issued annually in each category, and processing can take several years.

Green Cards for Fiancés

A fiancé or fiancée of a U.S. citizen can obtain a green card through a K-1 visa. The K-1 is technically a temporary, non-immigrant visa allowing the recipient entry into the United States for 90 days. The couple must get married during the 90-day window. Once the marriage is complete, the K-1 visa holder applies for an adjustment of status to become a lawful permanent resident.

Speak With a Skilled Darien Green Card Immigration Lawyer

Becoming a lawful permanent resident and obtaining a green card is a major achievement that gives immigrants most of the rights U.S. citizens have. Green card holders can also apply for citizenship after a specified number of years if they so choose. At Gonzalez Law Office, LLC, we are passionate about keeping families together through immigration, and we put our experience to work to put our clients in the best possible position to obtain a favorable result.

For a consultation with Attorney Hector Gonzalez, contact us today at 203-323-1440. We serve clients in Stamford, Fairfield County, Greenwich, Darien, New Canaan, Norwalk, Bridgeport, Waterbury, Hartford, and surrounding Connecticut communities, as well as communities throughout Westchester County, NY. Se Habla Español.

Fairfield County Bar Association Connecticut Bar Association American Immigration Lawyers Association Connecticut American Immigration Lawyers Association
Back to Top