1 Bank Street, Suite 206, Stamford, CT 06901
Se Habla Español
Gonzalez Law Office, LLC

Call Today for a Consultation

Call Us203-323-1440

Stamford, CT K Visas Attorney

New Canaan spouse fiancee K Visa Lawyer

Fairfield County Immigration Lawyer Assisting Clients With Fiancé and Spouse Visas

The USCIS makes K visas available for fiancés and spouses of U.S. citizens and their unmarried children under the age of 21. These types of visas have extensive requirements, and they are scrutinized very carefully due to suspicion of fraud. If you are a U.S. citizen with a foreign national spouse or fiancé whom you want to bring to the U.S., it is best to consult with a skilled immigration attorney to help you successfully navigate the process.

At Gonzalez Law Office, LLC, we understand the desire of couples to start their lives together in America. Attorney Hector Gonzalez has over 15 years of experience practicing family-based immigration law, and he has helped numerous clients secure K visas, so they could bring their lifelong partner to the U.S. Attorney Gonzalez has in-depth knowledge of the intricacies of the visa process, and he works closely with clients to ensure a smooth process and a favorable outcome.

K1 Fiancé Visas

K1 fiancé (also known as fiancée) visas are issued to foreign nationals residing abroad who intend to marry a U.S. citizen while in the United States. The K1 is technically a non-immigrant visa, and it grants the applicant entry into the U.S. with the requirement that the applicant marries his/her fiancé within 90 days. Failure to go through with the marriage can lead to deportation/removal proceedings. After the couple is married, the applicant must apply for adjustment of status to become a lawful permanent resident (LPR) and obtain a green card. If the foreign national has unmarried children under the age of 21, a K2 visa can be obtained for them to enter the U.S. as well.

K3 Spouse Visas

If a U.S. citizen is already married to a foreign national who is living outside the United States, a K3 visa can be obtained to bring the spouse to the U.S. to become a LPR and green card holder. If the couple has unmarried children under the age of 21, they can be brought to the U.S. on a K4 visa. The K3/K4 visa process is similar but not identical to the K1/K2 process. With both types of K visas, there is a long list of requirements that must be met, and the applicants must provide sufficient proof that they have a bona fide relationship.

Speak With a Knowledgeable Westchester County, NY K Visa Lawyer

Spouse and fiancé visas allow couples (and their minor children) to be together in the United States. Some applicants wonder whether it is better to get married abroad or wait until the foreign national enters the U.S. Both routes have advantages and disadvantages. Attorney Hector Gonzalez has helped numerous couples who have been in this situation, and he can thoroughly analyze your case to determine the best legal path forward.

For a consultation with Attorney Gonzalez, contact us today at 203-323-1440. We serve clients in Stamford, Fairfield County, Greenwich, Darien, New Canaan, Norwalk, Bridgeport, Waterbury, Hartford, and surrounding Connecticut communities, as well as communities throughout Westchester County, NY. Se Habla Español.

Fairfield County Bar Association Connecticut Bar Association American Immigration Lawyers Association Connecticut American Immigration Lawyers Association
Back to Top